looked like this when we moved in
and included these 2 tall laminate wood bookcases. At first I wanted to get rid of them, but then I decided that their storage was too useful, and Tom told me they would be a giant pain to move down the skinny stairs. So, as the Army says, If you can’t move it, paint it.
I grabbed the paint brushes and slapped the semigloss white paint on the shelves, and added some of my leftover MSL River Mist on the back of the bookcase.
Two hand-me-down wooden pieces got a coat of the leftover MSL Creveceour—the same color as our vanity pass-through in the master bedroom. In this room it looks more like a sage green. Maybe it’s the light in here. This old credenza used to be painted burgundy. Now it holds office supplies, batteries, and printer cartridges.
And this old nightstand is now the printer stand next to the computer desk, and the drawers are holding the extra printer paper. I found some new handles online that came from library card catalogs
We found a rug at Marshalls that’s got pretty much every color we need in it.
Once the painting was done and the rug was down, all I had to do was unpack, organize, and purge a bunch of old papers and files. We already had this computer desk and hutch from the other house, and the gold chair is from our old living room too. It’s begging for a slipcover I think—a future project. Right now it’s a comfortable, well-lit place to sit and go through the files.
So that’s the February project all wrapped up. I’ve still got to deal with the window covering options—they look like they’re just too bare—and of course that slipcover for the gold chair, but those are for later. We’re moving on to March’s project—the dining room!